- The 1619 Project, inaugurated with a special issue of The New York Times Magazine, challenges us to reframe U.S. history by marking the year when the first enslaved Africans arrived on Virginia soil as our nation's foundational date. This resource includes reading guides, activities, and other classroom materials from the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.
- Remix of:
- 1619 Project Curricular Materials
- English Language Arts, Social Studies
- Middle School, High School
- Grade 7, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Case Study, Homework/Assignment, Primary Source, Reference Material
- Time Required:
- 1-3 Hours
- YVETTE WALKER
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Interactivity Type:
No evaluations yet. Add important feedback and evaluate this resource.