Selling to Teens Quick Write
Imagine you are an advertiser, trying to pitch a product such as a soft drink, cell phone, or sneakers to your own generation (that is, teens in the United States). Of course, not all teenagers are the same, but as an advertiser, you will have to make some generalizations.
What are the main values and concerns that you will take into account? Complete the following sentence starters based on your impression of the majority of American teens.
- Teens these days care most about . . .
- Most of the time, teens today want . . .
- Modern teenagers don’t want . . .
- Teenagers want to be seen as . . .
- Teenagers don’t want to be seen as . . .
- Teenagers are likely to be convinced by . . .
- Teenagers would never be convinced by . . .
- Many teenagers know a lot about . . .
- Many teenagers know very little about . . .