Listen to your classmates’ presentations carefully.
Evaluate each group according to the rubric you and your class developed together in Lesson 17.
For each character, make notes on the following points.
- Character’s name
- Character’s vision of the American Dream
- Major claims (What are the main points of the presenters' arguments—what are they trying to convince you to believe?)
- Major evidence and reasoning (How do the presenters support their points?)
- Counterarguments that are brought up and addressed
- Questions you have
- Summary and evaluation (What parts were most convincing and why? Are there major holes in the argument that the presenters didn’t address?)