Darnay and his uncle see the world quite differently. In order to help you see their points of view, prepare a mini-debate in which you defend the side that your teacher assigns.
- Join whichever side of the debate you are assigned.
- Side One: Darnay and those who seek revolution.
- Side Two: The Marquis and those who would preserve the aristocrats’ rule.
- Independently, look through the novel, using not only the chapter that you have just read but also all of the previous sections.
- Write down your various ideas, making sure you have text references to support all of your thinking.
- Share your findings with the rest of your group.