Community Customs Organizer
Think about the “rituals” or “customs” of your community. Friday night football games, holiday celebrations or feasts, ceremonies such as graduations and weddings, the ways people react to insults or slights: all of these, and more, have a place in modern communities. Do you think these are positive or negative influences on the community and the people within it?
- Create a Community Customs Organizer in your notebook or print out the one provided.
- Complete the Community Customs Organizer for three customs.
Then discuss as a class:
- What is a custom? Share some of your responses.
- Are there customs that you like more than others?
- Are there customs that people do or don’t follow regularly?