Take a few minutes to thoughtfully answer the following questions.
- On a scale of 1–5, how much effort did you put into your narratives? Explain.
- On a scale of 1–5, how pleased are you with the results of your narratives? Explain.
- What were some of the benefits to working with a writing group?
- What were some of the challenges to working with a writing group?
- How was this assignment different from writing an essay about the novel? Do you think you put in more, less, or a similar effort to what you would have done for a simpler writing assignment?
- How did working with your character group and your community group as you read change your understanding of the novel? Did you enjoy that process, and would you recommend that classes use similar structures in the future?
- What will you remember most about this novel? Five years from now, if someone asked you what it was about, what do you think you would say?
- What did you learn about yourself as a student and writer? What do you hope to continue doing or change through the year?
Share your responses with your classmates. What will you be most likely to carry forward with you from this unit?