Intro to Unit Accomplishments
Read the Unit Accomplishments.
- As a class, you will read a number of American short stories that reflect the social and cultural landscape of America in different time periods. This reading will complement your study of 19th, 20th- and 21st-century American history.
- You will choose works for your own exploration of ideas and insights about American literature and culture.
- In groups, you will explore short stories from an assigned historical period.
- After researching and reading several authors from the assigned historical period, your group will choose four short stories for a class anthology.
- With your group, you will design and deliver a multimedia presentation about the authors and ideas reflected in the writings of your assigned era.
- Each individual in the group will write and submit an analysis essay about how two of the stories reflect the social and cultural landscape of America in different time periods.