Point of View Class Discussion
With the whole class, consider the ways point of view is used in “The Tell-Tale Heart” and “Regret.”
Use the following questions to guide your discussion.
- Can you think of stories other than “The Tell-Tale Heart” that are written in the first person?
- Why would a writer choose to write a story in the first person?
- Can you think of a story that is told in the third person?
- How does that point of view affect the story?
- How would “The Tell-Tale Heart” have been different if Poe had chosen to employ a third-person narrator?