Consider the why, what, who, when & how of GoOpenNC, and determine what next step(s) you plan to take.
Consider: Why is OER a value-add to our district and teams?
Why will framing be an important component of successful engagement?
- Allows collaboration
- Allows review of content to ensure they are high quality and standards aligned
- Aligned to NC standards
Consider: Do I need to learn more about OER, OEP, and/or open licensing?
Would be helpful to me if I can spend more time learning about the features and functionality of the microsite?
In my district/school, we have created openly-licensed content that could be added to the microsite. Do I need to consider the process for making this happen?
- Need to take the time to explore more freely (features and functionality)
- Consider the process for teachers to create openly-licensed content that can be added)
- Present to teachers during PD sessions on functionality of site as well as why and how to be contributors
Consider: I know there are OER champions already in my district/school. How can I best connect with them to discuss GoOpenNC?
How can I best determine other instructional leaders in my district/school who can join me as thought partners as we investigate OER/OEP?
- Present at district admin meeting on #GoOpenNC
- Brainstorm/take suggestions for others that would be willing to invest time into exploring/investigating OER/OEP
Consider: When are there opportunities for teachers and instructional leaders to engage in professional learning related to OER?
When the district/school reviews and selects instructional materials, can we could consider OER and how those materials can be utilized?
- Opportunities to engage- PLCs
- TCS could have a hub that truly valuable/useful resources could be housed 7& managed by district leaders & teacher leader
Consider: I need to spend time considering how teachers in my district/school are currently selecting instructional materials, and what supports they need to effectively select high quality, standards aligned resources.
How can we best support teachers as they find, vet, use, and create OER.
Are there opportunities for teachers to curate and align OER to standards?
- May need to get school admin on board (former teachers may be reluctant to dismiss TPT)
- Need time to provide PD sessions on this resource
- How to support teachers- recognition