- This resource provides a structure for an observer to give feedback to a teacher on the Classroom Management Strategies seen in a classroom.
- Professional Development
- Graduate / Professional
- Material Type:
- Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Joanna Schimizzi, BETHANY MATKINS
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
As a curriculum supervisor my role involves observing teachers who may be struggling with content and classroom management. Our district currently uses a tool we created called a focus learning walk for content, but we do not have one for classroom management. I really appreciate the thoroughness and detail within this document.
- Full alignment to depth and breadth of standard(s)/element(s) tagged
- Full alignment to the standard/element
-The chart is detailed without being overwhelming. The user can easily match behaviors with the listed criteria.
-It's specific to classroom behaviors from the start, middle, end and associated procedures. I also like that is gives space for examples.
- This can be used by principals/assistant principals to guide classroom evaluations with authentic data.
I am the high school instructional program facilitator for my district and sometimes I am asked to help support a teacher who may be struggling with classroom management.
*Full alignment to depth and breadth of standard(s)/element(s) tagged
*This Coaching Tool resource is clearly aligned with content and /or standards. It is a well designed resource to assist mentors/coaches in serving beginning teachers.
-The chart is a clear and easy to use structure for an administrator or coach to observe a teacher's classroom management.
-Criteria includes all aspects of the classroom including interactions with students, transitions, routines, supervision, feedback, behavior management, engagement, as well as classroom and instructional design.
-Include samples of completed chart items as a guide for users.
-Include the chart as a Google doc or MS Word doc so users can download and reuse.