- Attached is a PowerPoint presentation that explains
* Why teachers should use Graphic Organizers
* Multiple modes of creating Graphic Organizers
- Professional Development
- Graduate / Professional
- Material Type:
- Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Joanna Schimizzi, Stacy Lovdahl
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.
As the high school instructional program facilitator for my district, I am always looking for resources to support teachers in best classroom practices. Graphic organizers are a great way to engage students in critical thinking.
* Partial alignment by covering only the "Teachers keep abreast of evolving research about student learning" part of standard/element and should be considered as part of a learning opportunity that would address the standard (I struggled with how to address standard alignment with this resource. See comments below).
*Coaching Tool support material for mentor/coach is insufficient.
-Provides research to show factors related to student achievement.
-Provides an example of a bubble map template in Google Drawing.
-There is great potential for this resource to address the importance of using graphic organizers.
-Update this presentation so users do not have to be present at a workshop to access and understand the information (add working links and perhaps change it to a Google Slides presentation rather than PowerPoint).
-Provide information that helps to explain the research supporting using graphic organizers.
-Provide examples of graphic organizers for different content areas.