States of matter video
States of matter and phase change simulation
Slide the warm/ cool bar up and down.
Watch the temperature increase or decrease.
Change the molecules by clicking the names in the top right corner.
Make note of how each molecule behaves when warmed or cooled.
Follow up questions:
1. Explain what happens when heat is added to a solid?
2. Describe the movement of molecules in a liquid.
3. At what temperature does Neon become a solid?
4. At temperature does Argon become a gas?
5. In comparison to water, which molecule has the lowest amount of temperature change? (May have to do some math)
Bonus: Which direction does the graph move when heat is taken away from a gas?