TI Activity - Geometry makes a fashion statement
• Students will develop the equation for a circle centered at (0, 0) from the Pythagorean Theorem.
• Students will write equations of circles given a radius and center at (0, 0)
• Students will solve equations of circles for y in terms of x.
Vocabulary: • Radius • Center • Pythagorean Theorem
About the Lesson
• In this activity students will explore the creation of a circle skirt
• Students will need familiarity with Pythagorean Theorem.
• Students will need to be able to solve equations involving squares and square roots.
This is an activity that incorporates the use of TI calculator with learning the equation of a circle. Lessons, worksheets, and activity files are available for TI-84 Plus and TI-Nspire calculators.