- Kimberly Mayes
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Middle School
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
Cell-fies Gallery Walk
Cell Organelle Jigsaw gallery walk.
1. Each student is to be assigned or select a cell organelle and given an Instagram template.
2. They are to work to give the organelle a personality based on its role in the cell. An example of this would be the cell wall portrayed as Captain America’s Shield because it provides protection to the cell.
3. They must assign the organelle a username. (Ex.: wallofshield)
4. Students are then to draw a picture of the organelle fitting its personality and job in the life of the cell in the box.
5. The next step is to create a caption for the picture that indicates the role of the organelle.
6. The final task is to assign a hashtag to the character. (Ex. #plantprotector)
7. Students gallery walk the Cell-fies record other organelles and their function in a graphic organizer and attempt to identify the image by picture.
Note: Review picture and function with students and as an exit ticket student can hashtag others Cell-fies on the chart paper.