Help needed

by JENEE FORD 3 years, 11 months ago

After all of our discussions on copyright, I tried to remove access from myself to files and folders shared on Google Drive that I did not buy or own. I tried to do the trick of clicking on files that were shared and hitting the remove button. DO NOT DO THIS! It did not change my access to the files. It deleted their folders! All of their files are still on their drive but no longer organized. Has anyone else done this and know how to fix it?? I would love to try to fix it for them since it was my screw up. 

Joshua Miller 3 years, 11 months ago

If you are a GAFE district your Google Admin should be able to go in and recover the file..I think. Otherwise there is no revoking that removal. I found the following statement on a Google support site. It doesn't help you but it might explain in clearer terms for everyone what happened. 

"... If you have a shared folder which others had edit access to it's very likely they also created content that they own. If you delete a folder what you might also do is create orphaned files for everyone else. Essentially everyone else's files becomes unlinked to the folders you own, a huge pita for everyone now exists to reorganise these...."