Make up Discussion

by PATRICIA COLDREN 4 years, 5 months ago

What do you think is the most important aspect of GoOpenNC?  How would you use it personally?  How do you think your colleagues would use it?

ERICA DAVIDSON 4 years, 5 months ago

There are a ton of resources for teachers to access! It can become very difficult to find good material to use in the classroom that will properly teach students the required standards. Additionally, it is difficult to find resources that are "higher level" to engage student learning. Using GoOpenNC is great to use with colleagues so we can help minimize the work for other teachers. If one of us took the time to find a good resource, it is easy to share with others in the county who are teaching the same material. It allows for easy access to the material right away. 

MISTY POWERS 4 years, 5 months ago

I think the most important aspect of GoOpenNC is the resources made available for educators. As far as personal use, I would use the campaign to organize materials for various topic and content. I think colleagues along with myself would also use this resource to locate additional materials to use in the classsrrom. I agree with Erica, there are numerous resources that you can come across, however it's more challenging to find resources that correlate with NC standards, align with content, and engage learners. 

MELISSA MARTIN 4 years, 3 months ago

I agree! Having a collection of resources in one place specific for NC standards is an amazing time-saver.

CAMM MCNEILL 4 years, 5 months ago

The most important aspect of GoOpenNC is how members are able to share ideas and thoughts easily. This is a great tool for teachers in finding resources to use in the classroom. I would use this sight for resources and to ask questions of other educators. I believe most of my colleagues would use it in the same way. 

ANTHONY GEORGE 4 years, 5 months ago

The most important aspect of GoOpenNC would be the resources. I will use GoOpenNC to find resources that are more enjoyable and informational for the students, that relate to our current topic. If my colleagues also use it, then we can compare and contrast the effectiveness of the resources and adapt lessons/content for future activities.

MELISSA MARTIN 4 years, 3 months ago

The most important aspect of GoOpenNC is the willingness of all educators to share their resources!  As a new teacher last year, I would have benefited tremendously from an easily accessible and free treasure trove of lesson ideas and materials. I plan to add material and find material here rather than pay for something on Teachers Pay Teachers, which had been my previous go-to.