"How Do I Learn?" Apply & Reflect

by Xatli Stox 1 year, 7 months ago

Greetings!

This is the first Apply & Reflect activity from the PD Booklet (Page 8), that focuses on the How Do I Learn? Component. Now that you have explored the component, reflect on the following question:

How would the "How Do I Learn? component" set the stage for your LinguaFolio implementation this school year?

Please reply to the post to join the discussion or, if you don't have a #GoOpenNC or NCEdCloud account, go to the Jamboard at bit.ly/LF4NChowdoIlearn and add your responses. 

Xatli Stox 1 year, 4 months ago

Implementing this component would help students identify their learning preferences and the activities they have been exposed to during their language learning process. They may also learn about activities and strategies they could start utilizing to improve their language skills. Teachers and students may add more items to the component as they reflect on their past experiences using and learning the language and plan for the future.

AnnMarie Gunter 1 year, 4 months ago

The "How Do I Learn?" component can be the way to introduce LinguaFolio to students at the beginning of a semester, course, or year. It lets students show how they learn language to themselves and their teacher, so it's a good way to start building connections with learners individually and as a group about what will work for them in the classroom and beyond.