PreK and Remote Learning

by Rustina Sharpe 4 years ago

Hi everyone!  

Looking for different ways to connect with PreK educators across our beautiful state!  Please comment below and introduce yourself.  How is your district teaching PreK  math remotely?  

My name is Rustina Sharpe.

I teach at Efland Cheeks Global Elementary in Orange County Schools.  We have choice boards on our Remote Learning link on our OCS website.  All four of our NC pre-k classrooms and our 2 self-contained EC Pre-K classrooms contribute to these weekly boards.  We then take each day and post in Class Dojo.  To see our remote learning choice boards, you can visit https://www.orangecountyfirst.com/Page/796.

I have also created a separate group for PreK Remote Learning, so please join me there.

I look forward to networking and sharing!  Stay well!

Mary Artis 4 years ago

Hello, 

I hope everyone is safe and well. I initiated distance learning at my school before it was require and it has been a struggle. But now there are so many free resources to choice from. And researching virtual platforms to find the one that best suited our class family's needs. This is what I ending up doing:

Classtag, because we are a private facility. Classtag is life class dojo, which allows instant communication avenue. In Classtag , I share read-alouds, Ready-Rosie link from Teaching Strategies and a place for attendance. The twice a week we have circle time on Zoom. So far attendance on Zoom calls are low so I did individual calls on phones and some video calls. It has been worth it to see my little ones light up. Everyone keep up the good work and you all are awesome!

Rustina Sharpe 4 years ago

Thank you for responding!  

Tonight is our second "class meet."  We met last week, but many could not come because of siblings working on schoolwork or parents working from home.  Many families responded that it would be easier to meet virtually after 5, so we are aiming for 7 pm and calling it a PJ Party!

We use TSG also, but have not used their family communications, yet.

Stay well and safe!