March 23rd Discussion

by Joanna Schimizzi 4 years, 1 month ago

Hello to our Remote Learning Educator colleagues!

Please share two things in your reply! (Please be sure to have your reply be to THIS original post to reduce email notifications)

1) Introduce yourself (name, what you teach, other ed-related information)

2) Share one resource that you have created that you think you would consider contributing to #GoOpenNC.

Cristie Michalek 4 years, 1 month ago

Cristie Michalek

6th Grade SS/Science

I have a Solar System Exploration Timeline Project that I can share.

Jade Deberry 4 years, 1 month ago

Hello! My name is Jade and I teach 7th grade math at Daniels Middle School in Raleigh, NC. This is my 14th year in education and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to collaborate with fellow educators...even during these trying times.

One resource that I have created is an Amazing Race Activity in which students are given several different real world problems, posted along the hallway (they travel to different countries) and they must work collaboratively to solve each problem. Once they have found the answer, they go to a laptop/tablet for a "check point" and check their answers. If their answers are correct, they are sent to a different country to solve problems.

Jamie Gabbard 4 years, 1 month ago

My name is Jamie Gabbard and I teach ELA in Wake County at AFMS.  One item I would be willing to share is an extension to the basic Consumer Guide activity from Module 3 EL centered around sustainable fishing practices.

DENNIS DRAUGHON 4 years, 1 month ago

Dennis Draughon

8th Grade Social Studies

This is my ninth year teaching US Histroy at Smithfield Middle school in Johnston County. I'm not sure which of the resources I have created or helped to create with my PLC that I would consider contributing to #GoOpenNC. Rest assured, once I get a better handle on this platform and review a few more of the resources that are already shared, I will feel more comfortable contributing resources.

Angela Garver 4 years, 1 month ago

My name is Angela Garver & I teach middle school science at East Garner Magnet Middle School.  This is my 18th year at East Garner.  I have previously taught 6th & 8th grade.  This is my first year teaching 7th grade.  I created a sheet on inclines & pulleys & other simple machines that pairs with 2 short Discovery Ed. videos.  

Rikki Gibbs 4 years, 1 month ago

Hi, I'm Rikki Gibbs and I teach Theatre Arts at Ligon Middle in WCPSS. I started in December, but prior to that I taught high school Theatre Arts for 7.5 years.

I'm not sure what resources that I've created that I would contribute to #GoOpenNC just because I've been teaching my grade level for such a short amount of time. I'm still working on adapting my lessons, materials, and style and don't feel ready to share much with others. Hopefully as I get more comfortable with the age group I teach and refine my lessons, I'll be able to contribute something!

Elizabeth Rabb 4 years, 1 month ago

Bettie--I teach 6th grade social studies at Apex Friendship Middle (WCPSS)

I have not really created anything from scratch that I would be ready to share. I have tweaked several resources from our county's curriculum guide or from other sources--but, after our webinar last night, I do need to go back and check copyright/creative commons licensure. 

BRIAN AVOLIO 4 years, 1 month ago

My Name is Brian Avolio and I'm and EC Math Grade 7 teacher in Guilford County of 20 plus years.  I am also a High School Football Coach and Middle Sch AD.  Great job on the webinar!  I hate I did not get to watch it live, but I will tonight.  I cant think of a specific resouece that I have to share at this time...  But I am very interested in what others are doing with online learning!   I feel that none uf us are as strong as all of us right now!!!  #ProudNCTeacher

Mark Hipps 4 years, 1 month ago

Hi, I am Mark Hipps, I teah 6th grade science at Apex Friendship Middle School. There are several resources that I would think about sharing. I have some labs that go with PhET Simulations dealing with states of mattr, molecules, and plate tectonics. Togethe with my PLT, we have crested several self paced (similar to a webquest) activities that contain daily learning goals and culminate with a project for those who complete the activity early.

NICOLE BRITTNER 4 years, 1 month ago

1) Hello! My name is Nicole Brittner and I currently teach 8th grade ELA. I am certified for middle school language arts, as well as middle school and high school social studies. I am in my 9th year of teaching.

2) My colleague and I created a R.A.F.T. for our literature circles. I would be willing to share this resource with permission from my colleague.

Shanna Dowd 4 years, 1 month ago

Shanna Dowd

7th Grade Science

I love to draw and have created several diagrams and guided notes with illustrations/visuals - I can share any of those. 

MADRIA SPIVEY 4 years, 1 month ago

My name is Madria D. Spivey.  I teach 7th grade Math in Franklin County.  I will figure out something I've created that I'm able to share with others. 

Talia Davis 4 years, 1 month ago

1. My name is Talia Davis and I teach 7th grade ELA.

2. I have a graphic organizer and rubric that I could contribute to use with A Long Walk To Water. 

Pam Batchelor 4 years ago

Yes, that is a great cartoon however it is not openly licensed so we would need to make sure we have permission from the author before sharing.

Jodie Etheridge 4 years, 1 month ago

1. Hi, I am Jodie Etheridge, I'm AST/BST teacher at Salem Middle School in WCPSS.

2. I don't know at this time. 

NOEL PERRY 4 years, 1 month ago

My name is Noel Perry.  I am a 2nd year 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher.  I teach at Dunn Middle School.  I am excited about GoOPENNC.  I have not created anything yet for this platform.  As I move foward I will definately contribute.

Lisa Lyna 4 years, 1 month ago

Lisa Lyna

6th grade Social Studies

I am currently figuring out what I am going to use for my next unit.  Will share once I finalize my unit. 

Hello,

I am Usha- I am a 6th grade Science Teacher- I love editing and remixing resources to create lessons that suit the needs of my students.  I am not sure if that falls under creating a resource because it is not originally mine.