April 6th - Webinar #1 - Intro to #GoOpenNC

by Joanna Schimizzi 4 years ago

Thank you for joining our #GoOpenNC Introduction Webinar. 

Please click "reply" to answer the following two questions:

(Please be sure to have your reply be to THIS original post to reduce email notifications)

1) Introduce yourself (name, what you teach, other ed-related information)

2) Share one resource that you have created that you think you would consider contributing to #GoOpenNC.

Jason Zanni 4 years ago

Jason Zanni

8th grade science @ Ledform MS (Davidson Co)

18 years in the Classroom

KELLY BROCK 4 years ago

Hi!  My name is Kelly Brock.  I teach Food and Wellness in the realm of FACS (CTE umbrella).  I have taught for 15 years in elementary level but this is my first year in FACS and middle school.  

I have several CTE Choice Boards (that we, my CTE team) has created for remote learning but would be excellent for Project Based Learning, homework (at home) ideas, or simply student led learning "stations" in the classroom.

TARA DOAN 4 years ago

-Tara D., 6th Grade Science and Social Studies

Nice to have a place to search for resources.  Although many of the resources I have initially found are not necessarily for online instruction, they are great for finding links to use in Google Classroom. Unsure of what resource I would link.

TONI CHURCH 4 years ago

Hello, I am Toni Church, 3 year beginner Exceptional Children Teacher, Grades 6-8 (Gaston Co)

Angela McKenzie 4 years ago

My Name is Angela McKenzie.  I am the Dean of Students, 6th-grade administrator and the administrator over Math. 

I have not created resource, but am interested in learning more so that I can support my teachers if they would like to create a resource. 

Rebecca Farish 4 years ago

Dr. Rebecca Farish, PsyD  teaching ELA 7th grade

I have a mindfulness power point I could share for middle grades.

SARAH AZZARELLO 4 years ago

Sarah Azzarello

6 & 8 Social Studies

I have created thought questions revolving around the novel A Boy at War by Harry Mazer.

RONDA FRIEL 4 years ago

My name is Ronda Friel, and I teach 8th grade SS.  

Have created a Mid-Term Review for SS material.  

Mary Relyea 4 years ago

Mary Relyea, 20 yrs teaching at Ligon Middle School - Wake County

There are a number of things that come to mind - I think I'll make GoOpenNC a summer project.

Hello. My name is Natalie Matthews. I teach middle school mathematics with experience in 7th and 8th grade. 

I am not really sure I am ready to contribute a resource. I started a notebook for 7th grade math this year. It is still in the beginning stages, but has been helpful to my students. It is pretty basic and to the point right now. I think as I get more familar with the curriculum, the notes will improve and have a better format.

Hi! I'm Chris Clark.  I teach at Hilburn Academy (K-8) in WCPSS.  Currently, I'm teaching Social Studiesin 7th and 8th grade, however, I taught Math for the last 10 years.  

I don't have anything to share just yet, but I would love to develop something over the summer or even collaborate with someone.  Thanks!

JAYNE WHEELER 4 years ago

Jayne Wheeler, English as a Second Language, 8th Grade

I took a Native American myth, "The Wisdom of the Willow Tree," by Wilson Mekashone, that I found in the 6th Grade At-Home Learning Packet.  I re-worked existing questions and added to them to suit my upper level 8th grade EL students.  We had just finished reading and discussing "The Eagle and Moon Gold" in class before schools closed for COVID-19.  This made a nice transition to distance learning for us.

Hello,

I am Usha- I am a 6th grade Science Teacher- I love editing and remixing resources to create lessons that suit the needs of my students.  I am not sure if that falls under creating a resource because it is not originally mine.

KENNETH MELTON 4 years ago

Hello!  I teach 6th grade science in Guilford County.  I've revamped the idea of a Layered Curriculum that I use to differentiate instruction for my students.

Amber Crossman 4 years ago

I'm Amber Crossman, a 7th grade science teacher in Cary, NC.  I've been teaching for 17 years now.

I have a choice board that I have just created for remote learning that I think would be a good addition.

My name is Joanne McClellan and I am responsible for K-12 instruction as the hospital school teacher for the Vidant Health/Pitt County Schools Hospital School Program in Greenville. I have not created any resources as I rely on assignments generated from my patient/student base school.

CHARMAINE SWANN 4 years ago

Hi, I am Charmaine, I teach 6th grade science.  I have created a daily vocabulary chart to use thinking maps.  I am still revising and hope to share soon.

LYNN PRICE 4 years ago

My name is Lynn Price.  I teach in Guilford County in a Charter School.  I teach 6th grade science and am in  my 30th year of teaching.

I created a learning module to post on Google Classroom related to a CK12 Lesson on Layers of the Earth and Continental drift.  Part of that was creating a google slide for the layers of the earth as a click and drag activity for this week.

KATHRYN SIEGEL 4 years ago

1) Katie Wolkow, 6th grade Social Studies

2) I don' have anything right now, but I am sure I have something in my google drive. 

Kristin Ward 4 years ago

Kristin Ward. 7th grade math, 7th year teaching!

Not sure if I have anything #GoOpenNC worthy, haha

My name is Jessica Trivisonno and I teach 6th grade English in Wilmington. I also have my Masters in Library Science. 

I have created a Hyper doc that I might consider sharing. It covers nonfiction text structure. 

1. Toinette Flowers teaches Social Studies and English Language Arts in middle school.

2. I selected the textbook. 

NICOLE HUCKS 4 years ago

1) Nicole Hucks, 6th Grade, Math and Science.

2) I have not created a resource, but I have edited some Hyperdoc's that I can share.

Janice Stowell 4 years ago

1) JStowell, 6th grade Special Education in Raleigh 2) I shared an exit ticket for assessing understanding/additional ?

JULIA DAWSON 4 years ago

My name is Julia Dawson and I'm a Media Coordinator.  I would consider contributing a 6th Grade ELA theme stations.