March 23rd Discussion

by Joanna Schimizzi 4 years, 1 month ago

Hello to our Remote Learning Educator colleagues!

Please share two things in your reply! (Please be sure to have your reply be to THIS original post to reduce email notifications.)

1) Introduce yourself (name, what you teach, other ed-related information)

2) Share one resource that you have created that you think you would consider contributing to #GoOpenNC.

IJNANYAH DAWKINS 4 years, 1 month ago

Good evening. I am Ijnanyah Dawkins and I am an elementary/middle school teacher at a public/separate school for exceptional children in Greensboro. 

I am considering uploading documents related to assisting students with communicating/ expressing themselves. This would include pictures for choice boards related to specific readings. I may also upload social stories made to assist students with learning specific skills that will support successful and meaningful participation of students.

LAURA ANEY 4 years, 1 month ago

Hi, I'm Laura Aney.  I'm a high school teacher teaching the Extended Content Standards.  

HAILEY RAZA-SPEARMAN 4 years, 1 month ago

Good evening! My name is Hailey Raza-Spearman, M.Ed. I am a ELA teacher at a traditional, NC high school in Cleveland County. I have been working on an Adulting 101 unit targeting high school seniors that I am considering uploading to #GoOpenNC, because I think it contains extrememly helpful information that is useful to students across the state.

MONTIA GUFFEY 4 years, 1 month ago

Hi My name is Montia Guffey and I am the only full time Home bound Teacher in Gaston County. I would consider sharing some choice option cards to allow my non-verbal students with multiple disabilities to make choices and answer questions.

Zulybeth Arguelles Colon 4 years, 1 month ago

My name is Zulybeth Arguelles Colon and I am an SLP working with students from PK to 5th grade.  One resource that I would put in the speech therapy group that I joined would be a caseload organizer.  It is an at a glance tool that can be used for a variety of things such as keeping IEP and re-eval dates in order.