Webinar #3 - Reflect - what to share with others?

by Joanna Schimizzi 4 years, 4 months ago

Note- please reply to Joanna's original prompt to help eliminate extra email notifications about replies

What is one thing from the Curriculum Review Academy that you think would resonate the most with the educators you work with?

Melissa Withers 4 years, 4 months ago

The main thing would be all the resources available, in the varying content areas.  Also the fact they can remix them to truely make them their own to match their interests and students in the classroom. 

SHANNON MOSER 4 years, 4 months ago

I agree with M. Winthers.  My teachers are going to be hooked by the amount of resources available and the fact that it is so EASY to search for a resource.  Being able to tweak/remix the resource to make it fit their teaching style will also be key.  

Joshua Miller 4 years, 4 months ago

All the free resources and the ability to change them as needed! My teachers note that many resources hit on some of the topics they teach but not all of them. With this resource, there is the possibility to get/create/remix a resource exactly suited toward their classes needs!

BONNIE BURKETT 4 years, 4 months ago

I feel they will truly appreciate all the resources and can add GoOpenNC as another tool in their professional toolbelt.  They will like that they can remix them to meet their needs for their courses that they teach. 

LISA GARRISON 4 years, 4 months ago

I think teachers will appreciate having access to resources that are vetted and aligned to the standards in a way that is easily able to be used within their classrooms.  

SHELLY HARRIS 4 years, 4 months ago

My teachers are going to love having a resources at their fingertips that they know are trusted and meet the needs of them and their students.  They are also going to love having the ability to remix things and make them their own.

Kelly Luna 4 years, 4 months ago

I think educators are going to be most exstatic about the abondance of quality free resources that are aligned to NC standards. 

Pamela Cabe 4 years, 4 months ago

Educators want to use quality resources with students. I think the ease of use of this resource, the ability to search by standard and the ability to remix a resource to really fit their need are the main advantages of OER over other lesson planning resources teachers have used in the past.

MARY DOGGETT 4 years, 4 months ago

I think the teachers will be most excited about the remix feature.  I think I will spend a lot of my time on the importance of reviewing resources and the importance of giving constructive feedback.  I hope my teachers will want to use the rubric with any resource they look at so that the platform continues to grow and the strong resources start rising to the top.

Melissa Withers 4 years, 4 months ago

I agree, and the remix feature is going to be the best option so they can make it their own as well, but get the gist of the idea from someone's help. 

CHRISTINA RUTLEDGE 4 years, 4 months ago

The part of Curriculum Review Acadamy that my teachers will use is the ability to search for content by standard.

Kelli Pendergrass 4 years, 4 months ago

My teachers will enjoy all of the resources available to them, and I think they will really like having the ability to remix the resources.

Meredith Morales 4 years, 4 months ago

I think the biggest thing that will help teachers is the amount of resources that are available to use that are already aligned to NC standards, free to remix and use based on need (customization), in a platform that is easy to search.

KIMBERLY STEELE 4 years, 4 months ago

I think the amount of resources available will make the platform very attractive for teachers.  The resources are high quality and the fact that they can easily be remixed and made to fit each teacher's style is amazing.  

Melissa Bishop 4 years, 4 months ago

The numerous resources available for all students will be helpful to teachers. Also, teachers having the ability to remix and make these lessons fit their students is beneficial.

APRIL GETZ 4 years, 4 months ago

I think the educators I work with will be most interested in the variety of resources provided by GoOpenNC and especially the abitlity to change them to suit their needs.

CHRISTINE BASULTO 4 years, 4 months ago

I think that after a refresher in licensing and copyright, they will be so relieved to have quality resources at their finger tips.

The ability to adapt them to their classrooms is a wonderful benefit.

TERI WOODS 4 years, 4 months ago

What is one thing from the Curriculum Review Academy that you think would resonate the most with the educators you work with?

I believe the one thing that will resonate with most educators is simplification in finding educational resources to utilize with instruction.  Educators will have the opportunity to find an abundance of resources and “remix” these if needed, to meet the needs of the students.  I feel this will not only be a time saver, but also provides a motivation piece that is important for the teacher.  As an educator, there is a certain element of excitement in trying something new or learning a new approach to teaching a standard.   

SABRINA KING-BOWEN 4 years, 3 months ago

The extensive amount of useful resources available to them in one place, as well as, the ability to remix, share, and create their own resources to work with others.