- This is a resource I created to help me do a better job at collaboration with my teachers when they wanted to use the media center.
- Information and Technology
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- HEATHER JOHNSON-MILLS
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.
I am a HS SLMC who utilized the Big 6 while working in middle school. This form is great for working with teachers in better assisting them with their research needs.
*Full integration of one or more information literacy strategies.
*Great tool for creating collaboration between SLMC and teacher.
*Strengths: utilization of the library!
*Opportunities: This opens up the opportunity for SLMC to be seen as an instructional partner.
I'm a K-5 SLMC.
*Full integration of one or more information literacy strategies with subject content
*Collaboration between SLMC & teachers can be expanded by including who will take charge of each portion of the lesson.
*Strengths: Even though I don't actively use the Big 6 anymore, this is still a great format to go through the different planning stages and make sure everything is covered. It's a simple and concise format--not off-putting. Discussing and writing thoughts down clarifies things between teacher and SLMC.
*Opportunities: For schools that don't use Big 6, maybe provide a second form without the exact Big 6 wording.