- Using Wonders Literature Anthology and students Reading/Writing Companion, students will learn “What we know about Earth and its neighbors”. Students will read about discoveries in space and how we learn more about our solar system. After reading texts from Wonders using literature anthology and student reading writing companion, students will be placed in 9 groups (representing one planet each) and conduct research on their planet. Students will create a one pager displaying a drawing or image of their planet with six facts (facts must include size, temperature, and an option of four other facts). Students will then utilize Makey Makey to conduct an oral presentation of their project by coding and recording facts. After completion, students will do a Gallery Walk to visit each planet while completing interactive guided note sheet in Google Slides.
- Information and Technology, English Language Arts, Reading Informational Text, Science, Earth Science
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary
- Grade 3
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Assessment, Diagram/Illustration, Homework/Assignment, Interactive, Lesson, Lesson Plan, Presentation, Primary Source, Reading, Software
- Time Required:
- KIMBERLY SMITH, BLAIR PHILLIPS
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
- Interactivity Type:
No evaluations yet.