- Karen D'Elia
- English Language Arts, Speaking and Listening, Mathematics, Early Childhood Development
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Formats:
- Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
Zoom or Google Hangout Scavenger Hunt
This is a fun game or warm up activity to complete with students over Zoom or Google Hangout platforms for live video interaction. You could also upload it to SeeSaw and have students post pictures of their items!
Remix - Includes implementation directions, resources and suggestions for modifications
Students/Parents can view the hunt here.
Implementation Directions, Resources and Suggestions for Modifications
Virtual Scavenger Hunt Videos:
Virtual Scavenger Hunt Web Resources:
- 20 Zoom Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Teachers
- Zoom Scavenger Hunt: How to Setup and Play the Game Virtually on a Group Video Call
- Zoom Scavenger Hunt Ideas for Kids
General Scavenger Hunt Resources - Adapt these ideas and use them in virtual scavenger hunts!
Suggestions for Modifications - Provide the list of scavenger hunt items to students and guardians ahead of time. Students can:
1. Use the virtual or "live" session time to discuss learning connections to the various items gathered.
2. Upload photos of items to Seesaw or Google Drive.
3. Create video explanations of items using Flipgrid, Screencastify, or Seesaw.