Bibliotherapy Questions for Gifted Students
1. Have students select a book that has a character that is gifted in some way, or work with the teacher and/or Media Specialist to find an appropriate book.
2. Have students review the Bibliotherapy Questions prior to reading to get an idea of what to be thinking about while reading.
3. Have students read their selected book and keep notes on the note-catcher.
4. Have students answer the Bibliotherapy Questions and create some type of presentation of their answers - Google Slides, PowerPoint, video, other teacher-approved method.
5. Students can present to the class or just submit to the teacher.
* Which character in the book do you identify with and why?
* Which situations/events/problems in the book do you identify with and why?
* Did you agree or disagree with significant decisions of the main character(s) ? Why, or why not?
* How, and in what ways did giftedness impact the character's life? (in either positive and/or negative ways)
* How, and in what ways was the character gifted? How did you identify that he or she was gifted? (i.e. What identifiable characteristics were recognizable to you?)
* In your opinion, what were the messages the author was trying to send within this book? (Or: What do you think the author's purpose was for writing this book?)
* In which ways did you agree or disagree with the author's message? Why?