- ADDING TEXT REMIX of Remix: Election Day: Our Civic Duty & Why It Matters: Grade 3-5
Students will build background and show understanding about government elections at the local, state, and national levels in the United States.
Students will write, revise, and edit an informational piece to demonstrate mastery of the topic of elections incorporating key academic content vocabulary.
Students will create a PPT with a teacher's model to demonstrate understanding and mastery of key content area vocabulary words.
Students will complete activities during independent work time or literacy stations. Provides a QR code for students to listen to stories (2 non-fiction and 1 fiction) about elections. After they listen to the stories they choose one of the non-fiction texts to write facts about, find the main idea and key details, and define new words
- Remix of:
- Remix: Election Day: Our Civic Duty & Why It Matters: Grade 3-5
- English as a Second Language, English Language Arts, Composition and Rhetoric, Language, Grammar and Vocabulary, Reading Foundation Skills, Reading Informational Text, Speaking and Listening, Exceptional Children, Social Studies, American History, Civics and Economics
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary
- Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Lesson, Presentation, Vocabulary
- Time Required:
- Marian Faulkner
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Interactivity Type:
No evaluations yet.